Friday, November 14, 2008

I am THANKFUL for....my FREEDOM!

This week has been early out at school. All week school has gotten out at 1:30, I live on a fairly busy street with a cemetery a few blocks away. Today is the burial for an officer of North Salt Lake who died while on duty. So right when school is to get out, the procession (I hope that is the right word) is passing my house to honor this officer. WOW! How amazing is it to see hundreds of police cars pass by with their lights on. From all over the state of Utah, these cars passed by to honor this man. Between that and a book I am reading that is about a man who was in the Marines. It reminds me of my gratitude I have for living in this country. Where we have so many freedoms that I know I take for granted each day. I am so THANKFUL for this freedom, so that I can choose each day what I want to do and how to live it. I am grateful for this officer who lost his life to serve our country and allow us to have the FREEDOM that we have.

1 comment:

damama said...

Good thoughts, Carrie. We are all so lucky and should be grateful.